Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Red Birds


Yesterday was such a beautiful day.

We don't often get snow in East Texas
and yesterday was the second time in two
weeks, and since it is such a rarity I loved
every minute of it.
My husband and I feed the birds and
watch them from our kitchen window.
Those that know me well know that I have a
special place in my heart for "Red Birds".

Yesterday I spied two of the great beauties
in the snow covered tree sampling our suet.
They were all puffed up in their cardinal
coats keeping warm. Their vibrant color against
the snowy background was remarkably beautiful,
yet it's very simplicity was what made it so
glorious to behold.

I could not help but wonder on the sheer glory
of creation. When God created snow did he have
red birds and finches and blue jays in mind?
Did He know that they would be so beautiful in
snow covered landscapes and that we would delight
in seeing them? I think He did.
I think He loves when we notice the small gifts
He made for us.
I pray that I never lose sight
of the wonder of the world around me and
appreciate and embrace the love of the Father
who created all things.

1 comment:

  1. Your description makes me wish I had been there with you to witness the beauty from your window.

    May we never miss out on the opportunities God gives us to delight in His hand at work.

    ReplyDelete