Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stocking My Pantry

My childhood years were riddled at times with hardships...there were many nights when my brother, sister and I had just a few pecans or a pancake for supper.
We would ask our Mother "where's yours Mama" and she would always reply "Go ahead I've already ate". I still sting from the realization that she had not eaten at all.

Even now my insecurity of having enough food in the house still haunts me. I tend to over buy and over stock my pantry. Fortunately I have a great husband who understands and usually indulges me but sometimes he gently reminds me it's okay.

Yesterday, as I stood looking into that pantry God spoke to my heart and helped me realize that I had plenty, more than enough and I always would because of Him.
I needed to concentrate on stocking my spiritual pantry, every prayer I pray, every scripture I read, every act of kindness, every bible study I attend, every time I raise my hands and voice to glorify His name I am stocking my pantry.

I am lining my shelves with "all the good stuff" the stuff that is going to sustain me until that great day when we will all dine at His table forever.

No more insecurities to haunt us from yesterday, no more
fear of failure, no more lack and worry.
We will be cradled safely in the arms of a Father who will never let His children need for anything again....

Deuteronomy 28: 5
Blessed shall be your basket and your store

No comments:

Post a Comment