Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Hummingbird

This morning as I was leaving for work, I glanced at our Hummingbird feeders that hang near our garage.

On one of the feeders there was a Hummingbird lying on his back , stuck in between the rail of the feeder.

He was struggling to right himself but could not do it.

I thought he must have been at it for quite sometime because there were small feathers stuck to the sides of the feeder.

I reached up and the moment I touched him he stopped struggling, this allowed me to get him out of the feeder rail and right his situation.

As soon as my hand opened, off he flew.

I thought of my own life and the many times I have struggled unsuccessfully just like that small bird against life's obstacles.

Fighting against all odds to overcome things that I knew I could not do alone.

Something in that bird this morning knew the instant I touched it that I was there to help.

Therefore he quit struggling and waited.

That is what I must learn to do also, trust and wait on the LORD.

I know the minute HE touches me I need to struggle no more...

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment