Thursday, December 3, 2009

How Far I've Come

I read something yesterday that reminded me of
just how important it is to keep my focus on
Jesus. We can easily say and look
like we are leading a Christian life.

But, if we are being motivated daily by revenge and
the need to hurt others, we might want to give ourselves
a reality check. Praying and reading God's Word can
help us in all area's of our daily walk as Christians
and can help to prevent these feelings.

If we have been through trials and life lessons and have
come from these and not used the knowledge the Holy Spirit
has inplanted in our lives and we turn right around and allow
satan to use us again, maybe we need to ask ourselves if we
are truly inquiring of God and being led by His Spirit and not
depending on our own knowledge.

Truthfully if we are seeking God in all that we do, there will
be no anxiety or turmoil or fear in any decisions we make.
Our thoughts and actions will be Holy Spirit led,our thoughts
will be clear to move and follow with true confidence.
Spending time on yesterdays mistakes and harboring grudges and planning
revenge can only fester into an uncurable wound.

I am amazed at how far I've come, that trusting in the Lord has
brought meto a place in my life where I no longer feel the need to
avenge myself when I have been hurt, that I no longer need to waste time
on plotting revenge. I can just turn it all over to the Lord.
It is hard when we are hurting to say
here's my mess Lord, can you fix it
for me?
but, this is just another way to put our faith into action
and allow God to be in control of our life.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus told us to forgive each other as He, Christ, forgave us. It is not easy to forgive someone who has hurt you when that person displays an arrogant attitude and is not remorseful.

    Thank the Lord that with His help, I have been able to forgive someone who has hurt me. I did so not because that person deserved it but because Jesus told me to forgive him. By forgiving him I was able to free myself from any hold Satan might try to gain in my life because of the unforgiveness I had been struggling with as a result of that person's behavior.

    We are told in Scripture that "PRIDE goeth before destruction, and an HAUGHTY spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud" PROVERBS 16:18-19

    God clearly honors humble people. "The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: PRIDE, AND ARROGANCY, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate" says the Lord in PROV. 8:13

    1 PETER 5:5-7

    Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with HUMILITY: for GOD RESISTETH THE PROUD, AND GIVETH GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. HUMBLE yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care (anxiety) upon him; for he careth for you."

    May God show us each and every day how we need to be transformed and because more Christ-like in all that we do and say.

    ReplyDelete