Thursday, May 14, 2009

What would you ask?

Imagine a beautiful spring morning and you notice
Jesus speaking to a group of people in the portico of the Temple...
If you had an opportunity to have a few words with Him
what would your conversation be about.

As for me I have a million questions,
( I can almost hear Him saying "NEXT" , can someone move
this lady along so I can speak with a few others)..surley not

One question I think everyone has pondered is what did He write in the sand in John chapter 8.
Given the opportunity....

What do you think you would ask?

2 comments:

  1. What a great question. I have often wondered about that myself. I tend to think that maybe Jesus was writing about the sins of those who were standing around and when each person noticed their sins written in the sand that person walked away.

    I am looking forward to learning the real story when I get to heaven. How much fun it will be to see and hear the people we learn about in the Bible. I think of Esther and how I am looking forward to seeing her.

    I am reading in Genesis and I am thoroughly enjoying the Bible characters and their stories. It is encouraging how God reveals their human faults and yet they are such strong people of faith that many of them are honored in other books of the Bible.

    Thank God that He forgives our faults and loves us anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question is not so spiritual as it is personal. I think that I would like to know why He chose to put me in the family that He did. I was so unlike any of them. Our personalities clashed so many times. They were upright dignified quiet people. They were highly educated. I was a tomboy who was always in trouble of some kind. I hated to get dressed up. I liked to be in the top of a tree dreaming. I loved school but did not want to follow in their footsteps of being public school teachers. Why did He want me in this family where I never seemed to fit in?

    ReplyDelete