Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Complications /God's Sweet Simplicity

I don't know about you but I can really lose
my focus and life can get complicated. Battles
seem longer, fiercer, unbearable, lonely.

Even when I know to wait, have faith,trust
God, and allow Him to provide the answers, I
steam ahead mucking things up. Then before
you know it, it's complicated.
I say God where are you? I can't see you, I am
trying to listen but, I don't hear you. I feel alone
I cannot feel you. I so need to feel your heart beat
in tune with mine, that I feel afraid when I don't.

Then I see a red bird that lands on a branch above
me and I hear you say "I am here, can you see me"?
A dove coos sweetly nearby and you ask "I am here
can you hear me"? The wind picks up and a breeze
brushes across my face, and you ask "I am here can
you not feel me"?
You are here, I am safe, we are good!

3 comments:

  1. I love the comments you made about the birds and the wind. It seems I can feel closest to God when I am surrounded by His wonderful nature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that quite often God is right there where we left hime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God that He is so patient with me because I very often tend to 'step ahead' of Him thinking I know what he wants me to do.

    Then when things don't turn out right I have to go back to God and ask for help.

    It is a wonderful feeling to be able to seek God and find Him; like Doug says "right where I left Him".

    ReplyDelete