Monday, June 29, 2009

Personal Gifts

I am so fascinated with nature…I would much rather
be cleaning the yard than cleaning the house.
I always feel so close to God when I am outside.

I am that person who hears there is going
to be a meteorite shower and will sit up all night
outside in the dead of winter or heat of summer just
to glimpse those falling stars. (When my grandkids
were younger they would try and keep that information
from me because I usually solicited one of them
to share the magnificent night sky with me).
A person needs someone to ooooohhhhh and aahhhhhh
with don’t they ?
Every lighting bug that flies through my yard,
every hummingbird that comes for a drink, every
flower that blooms and every fallen star that I glimpse,
with all of my heart I believe, that God does all of these
things just for me…He knows I delight in HIM and HIS
creations.
I view these things as personal gifts, given to me for
my pleasure, each star that falls he created and calls it by
name, every bird that flies, every bloom and green thing on
the earth is His, yet He shares them with me.

Even after creating all of this beauty , He wanted to give
me and you more, He gave us His only Son, Jesus, so that we could
live and enjoy all that He had created for us , free from sin and guilt.
There is no greater sacrifice…If you don’t know Him, seek Him
for there is so much he wants to give you…
Scripture tells us;
“He has you engraved in the palm of His hand.” Isa. 49:16
He wants to bestow all of His love and beauty on your life …

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome description of how God's creation can come to life if a person just takes the time to appreciate what God has done for us.

    You are so right! For God to have taken His precious time to create wonderful things for us to see, hear, taste and feel is, indeed, gifts to each of us. Too often we just go about our way and never take the time to look around and look up and say "thank you, Lord, for giving me a glimpse of how much you love me".

    I love the verse Eccl 3:11 "He hath made everything beautiful in his time..."

    This is the praise and worship song that I sing as a daily prayer from thing verse:

    In His time, In His time, He makes all things beautiful in His time. Lord, please show me everyday as you're teaching me your way that you do just what you say in your time.

    In your time, In your time, you make all things beautiful in your time. Lord, my life to you I bring and each song I have to sing be to you a lovely thing, in your time.

    This song is very special to me as I prayed and sang it many times with my Mom before she went home to be with Jesus and then with Roy's mom before she when home to be with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete