Thursday, July 9, 2009

Surround Me With You

Lord, I love days like today when I feel
such love for you that I find it difficult
to breathe. I find it hard to contain myself.
It seems I can almost reach out and
touch you , you consume my thoughts
and I find it hard to concentrate on any
thing but you.
To just think of you sends a smile cursing
through my total being, you fill me with joy
and encouragement to face another tomorrow.

You are the voice of truth, the source of love,
the devine and Holy King and you love me, me!
I want to be surrounded by you, blanketed beneath
the shelter of your wings...always...

1 comment:

  1. Well said, my bestest forever friend (BFF)! You are now seeing the glass at it's fullest.

    Do you remember the infamous scene in the movie "Harry met Sally" when Meg Ryan playing Sally had a "moment" at a table in a diner?
    I will never forget a line said by Rob Reiner's Mom who played a lady sitting nearby and said "I'll have what she is having!"

    When you express yourself like this I think to myself "I want what she has".

    Too often I get busy with things and stuff that will be here today and gone tomorrow.
    You encourage me to focus on God and the eternal things that will last forever.

    God is truly good!

    ReplyDelete