Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Road Map

Those who know me well, know that
I love a good old "road trip". Nothing
makes me happier than packing an ice
chest full of Mr. Dew's and cokes and
a few sandwiches and we take off early
on a Saturday morning.
We have travelled and searched so many
roads all through out East Texas.
We've had more fun and discovered so
many beautiful places we didn't even know
existed.
But, there have been times when we
have had to pull over and consult our trusty
worn-out road map. It has seen so many journeys
and it's pages are frayed and marked and
highlighted with directions from previous trips
and stops.
Looking at my Bible this morning I couldn't help
but think about it being just like that trusty
road map. The pages feel good and familiar to
me as I read them. The words are roads that
I've travelled and where I've discovered many
beautiful places that I didn't even know existed.
When I've been lost and not sure of what
direction to take, it has led me down the straight
road and gotten me back on track.
God mapped it all out for us, we just need to go
there everyday and become familiar with the roads
that His son Jesus has already travelled for us....

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to put it. The Bible is like a road map. Too often, I take myself off the path that God is leading me down and I go off into left field.

    Thank goodness that God is faithful to steer us back in the direction He has planned for us to go. Sometimes it takes some bumps in the road to get our attention.

    However, when we are in the center of God's will and seeking His direction, it can truly be a wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete