Friday, October 23, 2009

Wings

Dear Father,
I pray you give my heart wings today
that it may flee from anger, jealousy,
prejudice, hate. Allow me to soar above
the lines that are drawn between borders
that cause our lack of love and concern
for one another.

Let me look upon on all things today through
your eyes and glimpse the amazing love that
you hold in your heart for all of us.
May your royal law guide my thoughts and
actions.
I want to express with a tender
assurance to those I may encounter, who may
think they are less than they should be. That
we are all loved the same by you, no matter
the baggage, disabilities, or shortcomings. Our
differences and weakness are the very cords that
bind us to You.
Instruct me as I search your Word for answers that
help me to improve on my love and understanding
for my fellow man. For there is so much I do not
understand.

1 comment: