Wednesday, August 26, 2009

AWAKE AT THE WHEEL

Thank goodness God is not looking for
perfection in us. Thank goodness he is
not looking for people who are afraid to
make mistakes. Thank goodness he doesn't
mind when we might be made to look foolish
when we show our genuine love and compassion
for His cause.

Our journey with Christ is not just showing
up at church every Sunday and Wednesday, it
sometimes means taking a stand for what you
believe is right, sometimes you just have to
put your passion where your faith is.

I don't want to be "asleep at the wheel",
only going through the motions. I want
to be "Awake" and alive and growing and
moving in the direction that Christ has
in mind for me. I want to be living for
the things that matter in His Kingdom.

His Kingdom is here for me today and it
comes with a promise of eternity with Him.
Regardless of what we face today, the
disappointments, the hardships, the burdens
and grief.
One thing is for certain....His Kingdom will
stand when all others have fallen..

1 comment:

  1. You are right on target! Many of the things we view as high on our agendas each day would fade away in light of eternity.

    It is not wrong to show passion for Jesus and the things of God. Too often we are concerned about how it would sound to others if we show our excitement and zeal for Jesus in our words and actions. The question I would rather ask is "Jesus, are my words, thoughts and deeds as a sweet smelling aroma to you?" That is what really counts.

    Jesus was passionate and committed to His mission to be our Savior. I pray for boldness to share Jesus with all whom God brings in my path. Souls of mankind and the Word of God will last throughout eternity.

    It is never right to do the wrong thing and it is never wrong to do the right thing. I also, do not want to be "asleep at the wheel".

    ReplyDelete