Monday, August 31, 2009

Rely on the True Word

If all you have to go on is your
own experience, you don't have much
more to say about your faith than
anyone who claims to believe anything.

But when your words and thoughts are based
on the true Word of God , you have a real
leg to stand on.

In the book of John Chapter 8; Jesus tells us that
if we continue in His word we are truly His
disciples. That we will know the truth and that it
will set us free.
Free from all the worry, and deciet, and destruction
this world can bring to our life.
We need to engrave the true Word of God upon our
hearts and rely on it to lead us daily.

4 comments:

  1. I am always amazed how God's Word can speak to each person in different ways at different times.

    Many times I have read a verse or verses of Scripture which I have read before and just forgot it almost as soon as I read it. Later that same Scripture can be used by God at the right moment to speak to me very specifically. It's like I am reading it for the first time when that happens to me.

    I love how the Bible truly is the Living Word. However, it is vital to read and study God's Word so He can use it in our lives.

    You are so right, we do need to engrave the true Word of God upon our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%. I believe this is one of your best posts, if not the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JamesCharles

    Thanks, that means so much...I am amazed at the things God is teaching me thru this little blogspot..and hey, are you back on line, I miss your posts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a new post. It might bore most people though. It is a four page Biblical dissertation about why segregation of races is NOT God's command.

    ReplyDelete