Monday, August 3, 2009

DON'T OVER THINK IT !

I think we have turned into a society that
totally "over thinks" everything. We tend to
dissect, and evaluate, ponder and propose.
In some instances I believe that the rule
"better safe than sorry" does apply and we
need to be cautious about our actions.

But, for me and the way I want to worship.
I'm just going to blow caution to the wind,
I'm not going to "over think" it. When I want to
sing, I'm going to sing, when I want to clap and
praise the Lord, I am going to step out and do it.
When I want to raise my hands and glorify the
Lord I'm going to do it....

Our praise and worship should just come natural
to us, but again we stop and worry and wonder
what will people think?
I am so grateful that Jesus didn't stop and ponder
if we were going to be worth all he was about to go
through...he didn't "over think" it...He gave His all...

5 comments:

  1. Good point. You are right! I would hate to think where I would be if Jesus had not given His all for me.

    Shouldn't our assembling together to worship encourage us to express our love for Jesus. Too often we do think more about what others will think of us instead of what Jesus thinks of us.

    I have been told that I can not carry a tune in a bucket but I do love to sing to the Lord. I can sing real good in the shower when I am alone with God. However, I have never attempted to sing a solo in front of a group of people because of what I was told about my lack of singing ability.

    The Bible says that it is good to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Well, my singing may sound like noise to others, but when my heart is overflowing with love for Jesus I can let loose and sing for the ears of Jesus only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely correct. But remember John 4 teaches "(23) But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him.
    (24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

    Since we need to worship in truth for it to be true worship, we must be sure it falls in line with the only truth we have, being the Bible. The best way to find out what the truth on that is (I've found) is to seek get a concordance or an electronic search for everywhere the Bible uses the words "worship", "worshipped", "worships", "worshippeth" and "worshipping". I won't tell ya what I've found. I agree with your above assessment, but this could help you further define what "worship" means to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I may give that a try but again I don’t want to over think it.
    I do realize that worship is more than gathering at the church once a week for 20 minutes and singing praise and worship songs.
    I think I was trying to say that I want my worship to be the response of a grateful and humble heart; I want to worship God with my life. I hate to say it but sometimes it is hard to find God at church anymore. Even harder to find praise and worship for Him…..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up. I've found if I enter the church house with a right heart, already worshiping and praising, that the church service is full of it for me, despite what others might be doing or saying. And then those who are like minded make it all that much more sweet a fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right..and I will remember your thoughts and try to maintain that attitude..funny how discouragement can just sneak right up on ya somedays.....

    ReplyDelete