Friday, September 18, 2009

Rebellion

It has rained here for the past 5 days.
I am so thankful, we needed it. As I came
home yesterday I noticed that my husband
had cut the grass in between showers.
The yard looked so good, everything is still
so green, fall hasn't taken over yet...

I am one of those people who like to start
off the week-end if possible with everything done.
Since the yard was looking so good I decided that
a thorough housecleaning was necessary too.
Saturday would then be free for other things..

I worked until almost ten o'clock getting everything
done. When I finally sat down, I said to my self: Self,
I don't want to go to bed yet...self said "you'll
be so tired tomorrow!" I chose to stay up I felt I
deserved it, I had worked so hard and the night had
zoomed by. I also knew that I was going to be tired.

Needless to say...I'm dragging today.

In the Bible, almost every chapter has some discussion
about rebellion. Why do we fight against the very things
that we know are good and right for us? It is just our
sinful nature to rebel.
My prayer today is that God will not give up on me....that
He will continue to rein in this rebellious child and
guide and teach me. That the spirited side of me can be
used in such a way as to bring Him glory and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment