Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Right Spirit

A right spirit, should be a spirit that
is controlled by the Holy Spirit. I can't
help but believe that when led by the
Holy Spirit we will always be producers of
Peace, Righteousness, and Joy. Romans 14
tells us that these things are acceptable to
God.

We will cease to want to argue our case, or
prove our ground with arguments. Our actions
should be motivated by the fact that Jesus died
for those who wronged us, just as he died for
us and that person belongs to Christ just as we do.

All that we do should be done with a gracious spirit
always considering others.
Love should always be our ruling guide.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes that is easier said than done. But I know what you mean. There have been times that my hurt and angry feelings controlled my thinking and actions.

    Then as I prayed about it for several days I found that each day I released more and more of the "want to get even" mentality. One day I realized that I had come to the point when, as you said, "I ceased to want to argue or prove my case". Afterall, God knows all anyway, and He is the One that counts.

    My actions were no longer motivated by my feelings but "by the fact that Jesus died for the person who wronged me". So Jesus again became my focus and I will strive to always consider others with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, God is teaching us so much....I praise Him for His love and concern in our lives...

    ReplyDelete